Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Touched.


To most this letter I am posting won't mean much.  But it means the world to me.  My twin sister and I were going to massage therapy school when Evalette got diagnosed.  We only had six short months left.  I knew I had to defer.   My sweet sister was determined to defer also.  This is the letter that she wrote for the school board.  Of course they let both of us defer until further notice, but her words touched my heart.  I wanted it to be recorded in this blog so that in the future my boys and Evalette will know how much they were loved doing this hard time.  Love you dear sister.   I know that my boys are being loved while mommy is away.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  To everyone that has helped watch them (Shar, Jess, mom, Erica)...words can't express my gratitude.  Thank you. 

April 1, 2013
To Whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter to ask for a deferment from Massage Therapy School at the Lindon campus in Utah. I started the massage therapy program in October 2012. There are so many things I wish to explain and express in this letter.

Last week I found out that my beautiful niece, Evalette, has Leukemia and will be in Primary Childrens Hospital for a while.  It was a hard blow to take. All of my nieces and nephews are extremely special to me. My nieces’ mom is my best friend, twin sister, Danielle. Danielle and I are extremely close. We both have 4 children under the age of six.  Our lives are crazy but we love it. We are together everyday, have put our children in a lot of the same activities and schools, and are each others strength. We take turns watching each others children while the other mom volunteers in classrooms, picks up kids, or goes to doctors appointments. We knew that going to school would not be easy but that together we could make it work.

Danielle and I are in the same class. It has not been easy making sure that our children are taken care of before school. We have worked together to take care of our families, make it to school on time, and excel in school. Danielle is the reason why I started the massage therapy program. Many nights our husbands would take turns watching our children while the other husband had to work late.

I am grateful that I get the opportunity to help out Danielle’s family by watching her children for her while she is in the hospital and her husband is working and going to school.  I need to defer because I will have a lot on my plate watching 7 children under the age of 6. The oldest children have half a day kindergarten and need to be dropped of and picked up after school. The 5 and 4 year old have preschool right before the kindergarteners and need to be dropped off and picked up from school as well. Three of the children have piano during the week. One goes to soccer.  Jarom, Danielles, second child, has many allergies and a skin condition. He has a specific diet and many things that need to be done to help his skin everyday. As you can see I will not have the time or energy to put the dedication that I need to into school right now. My number one concern right now is to care for my nephews and help them feel secure and loved. I want their life to stay as normal as possible as their little sister and mother are away. I also need to be that emotional support for Danielle and to be there when ever she needs me to be. I plan on staying and helping her at the hospital when I can and when my husband can watch the other children.  I will not have the time to make it to school, be ready to go to school at night, study, or concentrate on my school tasks. Danielles husband will have school classes so he will be home late and my husband will be coming home after 9 pm so he can be home to help in the morning with all of the children. I hope you understand my need to be accepted for deferment. I started school with Danielle and want to be there to keep her going when she starts school again. It won’t be easy for her and I am sure there will be many emotional breakdowns, as she has to leave her baby every night. But we started this journey together and will finish strong and triumphant. Thank you for taking the time to review this.

Sincerely,
Alise Kelley

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. Good tears, a little selfish tears - we miss both of you in class! But, see and feel the blessings to finish together - you can bet though, that I will be at your graduation! Your strong bond of sisterhood - I love it! Thank you for sharing this sweet note to the school. And know that I would love to continue to help in any way I can for both you and Alise! ♥

    ReplyDelete