Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Princess Bed.

I got a fantastic, wonderful gift today.
An eggshell mattress to cover the rock hard couch.
One of the families that got released "forever" today gave it to me.
I was so excited that as soon as I got my bed put together tonight that I did
my "cheerleader jump" as my husband calls it,
onto it.
And then I bounced on it again.
Yep, I felt like a kid again.
I call it "our princess bed".
For one, I have to jump to get on it.
It is up so high and I am so short.
It reminds me of the princess and the pea.
Thus the princess bed.
And two, above it hangs two cute princess plaques
that my niece, Carly, sent up for Evalette
to hang in her hospital room.
Princess bed/room indeed.
It is beautifully adorned with James' old green blanket.
The one that he had before we were married.
The one we sat on at the fireworks the night we got engaged almost 8 short years ago.
The one that is now a bit ragged,
has a few holes, and looks pretty sad.
Oh but I love that green blanket.
Not to mention the old flower pillowcase that covers my pillow.
My old childhood pillowcase.
So soft and worn out.
Oh how I love that old pillowcase.
Our beautiful princess bed.
As I was getting Evalette ready for bed tonight,
I set her on the bed.
She curled up into her daddy's old, big green blanket,
laid her head on her mommy's old comfy pillow,
and went to sleep.
Perfect princess bed.
Maybe she felt like she was home.
I hope.
I am going to sleep well tonight!!
Thank you Wendy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment