Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Monday, April 22, 2013

LOVED...

Evalette and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
Last night was long.
For some reason, my little girl was a bit off.
Sleep didn't come easy and she was agitated.
When midnight vitals came around,
she didn't want to be bothered.
She growled and fought.
Finally back to bed.
Then 3 am came,
and she was up crying.
Then 4 am was antibiotic time.
Really, 4 am...ugh.
Then at 7 am, she was up again.
So unlike my little girl.
Her normal wake up time is 9 am.
So our day began,
earlier then we both wanted.
Then this cute monkey was delivered to our door.
Adorable, cute, pink monkey.
Pink is our favorite color.
We were instantly in love.
I discussed names with Evalette.
Miss Happy is was decided.
She has a fabulous smile.
I hung her on the front of Evalette's crib.
She is our reminder to choose to be happy.
Life is so much better when you smile.
So every time we passed Miss Happy,
I would smile and Evalette would give her a kiss.
Thank you, Caitie.
The day was looking better.
We were going to make it better!
Got breakfast done and meds over with.
First nap was at 9 am,
a quick one before her chemo shot.
I rushed out to take a shower.
It was going to be a good day.
I got a nice hot shower.
Evalette snoozed for an hour.
Next thing on the list.
Chemo.
Finally, the muscle shot was over.
Then two antibiotics were finished
and nap time was here again
This time for both of us.
I conked out, but Evalette had different plans.
Every time I drifted in and out of sleep,
I heard my baby laughing.
She was playing in her crib,
jabbering away with Miss Happy.
I was fine with that and went back to sleep.
Miss Happy, you are a fabulous babysitter!
I needed that nap.
After naps, another set of vitals.
Tommy was our tech today.
Evalette and I really enjoy him.
He is so good with her and he makes sure I have what I need.
"Your hair looks great today.
You look beautiful!" He told me.
"Is someone special coming to see you?"
hinting that maybe my hubby was on his way.
I wish.
Nope...I just feel better when I get ready.
His comment boosted my spirits,
especially since I didn't have any makeup on.
And it was a nice change from the normal,
"Are you the mother?  You must be because you look so tired."
that I hear from her new nurses.
Sweet Tommy.
That was just what I needed to hear.
The rest of the day passed quickly.
Dinner, vitals, and meds.
Last the antibiotic before bed.
Then a visitor showed up.
A friend from high school.
She had brought us a gift that she was delivering
from other friends of mine from high school.
A huge gift.
It was bigger than Evalette!
Thanks Maren.
Evalette was excited.
It was another time that I got to hear her laugh.
We opened it up and couldn't believe our eyes.
So many thoughtful things.
What wonderful friends I have.
Thank you, Dannielle and Kaye.
It was amazing!
Soon she was off to bed,
content and happy unlike the night before.
Then I got on Facebook and
learned that another good friend from high school
and her two boys had dropped off some blankets at the hospital
and had left a special PINK one for Evalette.
She loves blankets.
And another friend from home is going to make a special book for my boys.
One from me to them.
So touched.
And then when I talked with James,
he mentioned a letter that had come in the mail.
It was from my aunt and uncle and cousins.
Enclosed was a gift card of which they said was from grandma.
Or would have been if she was alive.
My Grandma Karen, my namesake.
I cried.
It meant so much.
I miss my grandma.
But I know that she is near.
How had so many people known that Evalette and I needed encouragement today?
Then I thought about all of the wonderful things people have done for us.
Aunts, Uncles, cousins that have visited and sent cards.
An aunt that sent gifts for the boys,
so they won't feel left out.
They loved that!
Friends who write comments on Facebook and share support and give us strength.
One of my best friends, Jessica, stopped by a while ago.
She remembered Evalette's birthday and had brought a gift.
Cute, adorable purple leggings.
Something I had been wanting to get but had never had the chance.
I can't believe how LOVED we are.
I can't help but feel so underserving.
Thank you all for taking the time to show us that we are loved.
It gives us strength to move forward with positive thoughts and courage.
Here is too a fabulous day tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment