Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

POSITIVE!

When Evalette was first diagnosed, they told us to plan on five weeks in the hospital.  Then home for a couple of days and then most of the next 10 months inpatient in the hospital.  Then the rest of the 2 year duration, outpatient at Primary's.  They told me to plan on Evalette struggling with chemo, with the steroid side effects, and getting many infections.  Although, they warned me and told me not to plan on going home for a long time, I couldn't help but feel like my little girl would prove them wrong.  And so far she has.
She has met every mark they have wanted her to meet and hasn't had any of the nasty infections that they have anticipated her having.  My WARRIOR PRINCESS, I tell you.  My little fighter.  My rockstar little girl.  Since her diagnosis I have tried projecting positive thoughts and vibes.  I only want positive energy to fill her little hospital room.  So usually when the doctors come to talk to us, I have us step out of her room.  Why put negative thoughts or thoughts of anticipating bad things that could happen into my little girls head.  She is a rockstar.  Her body is strong.  She will fight.  That is what she knows.  She needs to know nothing else.
Today, Dr. Afify (cute older Egyptian doctor)  dropped in to talk with us, Evalette and I.  She adores Evalette and calls her "beautiful girl".  We discussed how well Evalette is doing and "how boring we are".  I have decided I like boring.  Never in my life have I liked or wanted boring, but right now I LOVE BORING.  She mentioned to me that "if nothing happens" then we could probably go home possibly this weekend or next week; earlier than the five weeks initially planned.  I just about jumped up and down.  But I refrained.  "She is doing very well," Dr. Afify said.  Dr. Afify is very anticlimactic.  I was so happy.  I said a couple of things like, "We like boring!", "Every thing is great!" and such.  I don't really remember.  As Dr. Afify waved goodbye, she said, "You are amazing.  You are just so positive."  I must have looked shocked.  Because she went on, "You don't even know it.  It is just who you are.  You two girls are amazing!"  I told her it is far better to be happy for life is good and all is well.  And even if we were having a big bump in the road, we will push over the bump and move forward.  I choose to be happy despite the chaos threatening to beat us down right now.
So I plan on sending good energy and positive vibes that we will be home this weekend.  Evalette's daily chemo ends tomorrow.  She has ERWINA shots, IT therapy, and some VISCERSINE on thursdays and mondays, but those can be outpatient here at Primarys.  We would be traveling up here, but we would be home the rest of the time.  So if all is well and the anticipated fevers and infections don't happen by this weekend (which they won't) I am sure they will send us home.  Evalette's white blood count and ANC counts are super low, almost 0 actually, which does mean that her body has no way to fight off infection, but by God's miracles and through all your prayers she is fighting them still somehow.  Being home will be so good for her and our family.  Even if it is only two weeks home and then mostly in the hospital next month, we will take it.  Send positive vibes our way...no infections and homeward bound!!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get to go home so soon! Oh how I know the time it takes to get out of the hospital. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so exciting! Positive vibrations go a long way... and I am sure the Frankincense is helping here as well :) Both of you! :) Let me know if you're going to be going home this weekend, Heather and I thought about coming to visit on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are amazing! Staying positive is the best thing you can be doing. Keep focusing your positive energy on the best possible outcome and great things will happen. We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love ur kids- they r adorable. those pics made me smile. I am soooo excited for you guys. I continue to pray for her and yes stay positive. :) I know she will be home soon. Love u guys.

    ReplyDelete