Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Growing....

The first week or so of this "experience" was hard.
I felt lost.
I felt alone.
I felt displaced.
I didn't fit in "here".
I didn't fit in "there".
I just didn't fit in anyway anymore
and now I am just sounding like Dr. Seuss.
But seriously I felt lost.
I was new to the hospital,
cancer child,
parent thing.
I didn't know what to say.
I just tried to blend in and
not to talk to anyone.
But then, even though I hated it "here"
at the hospital,
I didn't feel like I could go home.
I most certainly didn't fit in "there" anymore.
I was different now.
My life was changed.
How could I ever explain?
Like I said,
It was hard.
Then one day, someone talked to me.
They explained their story.
They embraced me.
They made me feel welcome.
They understood.
And I wanted to be apart.
So I ventured out of my self induced shell.
I started talking to parents.
I felt renewed,
I felt support,
I felt like I belonged.
I began to understand that I didn't need to fit in
"here"
or "there"
but instead that I fit in both places.
I was growing, expanding,
and opening myself to a whole new world.
It was now apart of my previous world.
They could exist together.
I am grateful to have opportunity to expand my world.
To meet so many wonderful new people.
It doesn't mean I have to leave my old acquaintances behind,
but I have opened the door for new ones to enter also.
So on Tuesday,
I called up James.
He drove up to Primary's and switched me off.
I went home.
I surprised my boys.
I put them to bed,
read them scriptures,
sang them songs, and
kissed their sweet heads.
It was good to go home.
Thanks for being understanding while I hid.
I am back.
Stronger and ready to fight.
I love you all!


1 comment: