Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday

"The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job’s question, ‘If a man die, shall he live again?’ To all within the sound of my voice, I declare, If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. …In our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen."-President Thomas S. Monson


I ventured out of Evalette's room this morning and headed downstairs for breakfast.  Outside the main doors, there is a hallway with rows of sky lights lining the ceiling.  Light showered down upon me as I made my way down the hall.  I couldn't help but stop and gaze upward toward the light.  How beautiful  it was.  My soul filled with light and I felt a wave of peace overcome me.  I then had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my Savior.  Because of his great sacrifice, my family can and will be together forever.  All made whole and all made well.  What a glorious blessing and promise.  
I suddenly strongly desired to share this wonderful feeling with others.  I know that the message I need to share with others is one full of light.  Light is of God, it is what heals us, and it is what pushes away the darkness that sometimes drowns us within its depths.  I truly desire to be a light to all around me.  Soon my wonderful husband and little boys joined me.  I was overcome with joy.  I haven't seen my boys since Wednesday.  We were able to attend sacrament meeting together and that was an amazing experience.  My boys, although usually pretty good through sacrament meeting, literally didn't make a sound or move at all.  They knew something special was going on.  We saw many sick children and their testimonies strengthened ours.  I was reminded to be faithful, to have hope, and that miracles happen.  What a special meeting.
The hospital provided amazing easter baskets for all the kids.  The boys were thrilled.  We had lunch and enjoyed the sun.  I was happy to spend Easter all together, although Evalette was up in her room with Grandma (the boys aren't allowed to see her because of her lowered/non existent immune system).  My parents dropped in.  They watched Evalette while I showered and did laundry.  Oh I enjoyed that shower way too much!  Then Evalette and I enjoyed our afternoon together.  Although she was pretty crabby, we played and waved to cars outside her window.  She knew she was loved.  
So today I am grateful, so grateful.  So grateful for my Savior.  So grateful for my family. So grateful for a shower.  So grateful for clean laundry. So grateful for wonderful family and friends.  So grateful that my daughter is still alive.  So grateful that she will always be mine.  Happy Easter!  


1 comment:

  1. sundays in the hospital are special. so glad you had an uplifting day!

    ReplyDelete