Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Heading Home...

We got the ok to head home tomorrow.
I was so thrilled that I jumped up and down right there.
Evalette wasn't sure what to think,
so I twirled her around so she understood that this was something exciting!
All day I have been bouncing around,
smiling from ear to ear,
and anxiously awaiting tomorrow.
It will been 30 days since we have been home
(minus 10 short hours one time for me).
That is a long time.
We can all be together again,
in our house,
just doing normal family things.
Even if it is only for one week.
One week is better than nothing.
The hardest part of going home is understanding that we are coming back.
She isn't better.
This isn't the end.
This isn't the normal route this time.
She has cancer and that doesn't end in one short month.
It takes years to beat.
I am still getting used to that part in my mind.
This isn't RSV, chicken pox, or anything thing like that.
She has cancer.
She has cancer.
She has cancer.
Maybe someday it won't be so surreal.
Anyway, we are glad to be going home
and not to mention a whole week earlier than planned.
I knew she could do it!
Evalette is "clinically" doing very well.
She has had no diaper rash (of which they were very surprised)
She has had no mucositis or mouth sores (of which they were very surprised)
Her white blood counts are coming up and we were at 100 today.
Still very low, but coming up.
She can't go out into public places until they are at least 500, but 1000 is much safer.
We will be back for her last chemo treatment for this first induction on Monday.
And then her second induction phase is scheduled to start May 3rd on Friday.
She will be getting her bone aspirate around then to see if she is in remission.
Someone sent me this quote today.  I love it and wanted to share.
President Uchtdorf said:
"We shouldn't wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available--all the time! Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect...there is something in each day to embrace and cherish.  There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it."

I think that this can pertain to anyone in any number of circumstances, but I can't help but think that he is talking directly to my little family.  Despite our difficult or undesirable circumstances, there is much to be grateful for.  So many little blessings each day that I can't help but thank God for.  Truly life is wonderful as we live each day knowing that it is full of possibilities and that we can find happiness and joy no matter the trials we are experiencing.  This is a great reminder to me to see even the littlest of blessings!
Tonight feels like Christmas Eve and I can't wait till morning!!
We are going home.
We are finally going home!






No comments:

Post a Comment