Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Home Sweet Home

It has been forever since I last posted.  As much as I wanted to get my feelings out and write on the blog, I spent every moment possible with my kiddos and hubby.  Hence being MIA for 3 weeks.  Let me just say our time at home was glorious, wonderful, fabulous, and refreshing.  The sun shined for us and we took advantage.  Even though Evalette couldn't go anywhere, she could go outside (alright, we cheated and went to Alise's almost everyday too, but we desperately needed to get out).  She loved to be outside again.   Bike riding, taking walks, helping Alise and Austin move (just down the street from us), grandma Sparks visiting, jumping on the trampoline, running through sprinklers at Alise's, playing at the park, attending a beautiful wedding, swimming in the reservoir were just a few of the fun things we did.  I have never appreciated being home so much.  Two days after we got home, Lance had a fever of 103.  We did our best to keep Evalette away from him, but with no infection fighting blood cells, her chances were slim that she won't get a fever and go right back to the hospital.  Well, the Lord heard our prayers and everyone else's and she didn't sick.  She didn't get one fever for the entire time we were home.  Seriously that is amazing!  Every night before I go to bed, I envision her with a bubble around her, protecting her from the germs of the outside world.  Truly she has been protected.  We were so blessed to be home for so long.
Besides having to be cooped up a bit, taking multiple medications multiple times a day, having home health come twice a week, having one clinic appointment at Primary's and one central line break (had to run back up to Primary's to get it repaired), Evalette's hair falling out, dinner fiascos (chemo makes Evalette a picky eater), and Evalette becoming a daddy's girl,  life was fairly normal.  The first couple of days, Evalette didn't feel so good.  She didn't want the boys to touch her and she just wanted to be held.  That was hard for her brothers.  Oh how they had missed her and wanted to be by her side all the time.  Soon she warmed up again and was playing and laughing with them.  We worked on getting her to walk and she is so close!!!  Oh how we enjoyed being together.
The boys were excited to have us home for so long.  They kept telling me that they missed us so much and would miss us when we left again. Every night, I tucked them in.  Every night, I kissed their little heads.  And every night, I sang to them.  It filled my heart with so much joy.  I missed them so much.  My little boys are growing fast.
Tyrell:
-is reading at a second grade level.
-playing panio, both hands together and multiple hand positions.  I love to hear him play.
-loves to ride his bike. He is getting a little too crazy for me, but he likes to be daring.
-has his kindergarten program next week and has speaking part which he is super excited about.
-Loves to be the center of attention and is always making funny faces.
-loves to talk and tell stories.
Jarom:
-just learned to ride his bike without training wheels.
-Loves to have poke man hair....
-loves to be outside; digging in the dirt, jumping on the trampoline, riding his scooter or bike, or just playing by the rocks.  He loves it out there.
-Knows how to read beginner books.  He knows all of his sounds and is starting to enjoy writing.
-Had his preschool graduation this week and mommy was so proud.
-He is mommy's shadow and loves to be my big helper.
Lance:
-talking in sentences.  While I was gone last month, his speaking improved so much!
-counts to 3.
-learning to ride a bike.
-wants to big like his brothers.
-likes to get into trouble...notice Mr. Hulk below.  Now that is quite the story.
-thinks he is batman.  He will sing the batman song for you, if you ask him.  It is adorable.
Ask him if he is batman.  He will say, "Yes, I BATMAN!"
-is so stinkin cute.  At the wedding, all the women kept kissing his cheeks and oohing and awing over him.  I couldn't blame them.  I do the same thing!
Oh how I love my boys.  They make me smile, laugh, cry, sometimes want to pull out my hair, and remind me that life is amazing and to enjoy every moment.  Thank heavens for my special boys.

Here are some pictures of our 3 weeks at home.  My camera was having issues so I don't have many pictures, but James got my a new one for mother's day!!!  Enjoy!






























2 comments:

  1. Such precious kiddos!!! Your little family is darling - praying for you to see the blessings in this trial... Loves n hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are so beautiful! You can see how much Evalette's big brothers love her. Hoping she continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete