Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

MOTHERHOOD

If there is one thing that this "experience" has taught me it is that I LOVE being a mother.  Truly it has been the most fulfilling, amazing experience of my life.  Spending so much time caring for, watching over, and being with Evalette during this hard time of her life, has helped me to see how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how he must feel to watch us go through pain and hard times.  But like a caring, loving mother, he is always there and doesn't leave us alone.  Being away from my boys so much lately has reminded me of how much I love them and how my heart aches for them when we are apart.  I need them.  I am meant to be their mother.  To each of one of my four children, thank you for making me a mother.
To Tyrell- You were my first.  I become mother with you.  We got through postpartum depression together.  You didn't give up on me.  You were everything I had always dreamed of.  I love you.
To Jarom- You taught me that having two little boys was fun.  You had hard times with ear infections, food allergies, asthma, and eczema, but you were so strong.  I grew from taking care of you.  Your blue eyes are mine.  Beautiful, big and blue.  I love you.
To Lance-  You taught me that three boys was even more fun!  You were so easy going from the start.  You were and still are my go with the flow baby.  You taught me to let go and to relax.  Your smile and dimples melt my heart.  I love you.
To Evalette- Oh baby girl, how I long I waited for you.  My first girl.  I knew you were something special before you were even born.  You have taught me that we can all do hard things and that life is so beautiful even when things don't go as planned.  I love you. 
So since I can't shout it to the world, I will shout it out on this blog, I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!  I just love it.   
It stretches me in every direction.
It humbles me.
It brings me closer to God.
I get to live outside myself as I serve and love my children daily.
I get to see God's hand in my family's life as he guides me as their mother.
It has taught me what LOVE truly is.
Yes, it makes me tired,
Yes, sometimes it makes me cry.
But being a mother, also makes me grow in more ways than I ever could if I didn't have the opportunity of raising these four children of God.
I am blessed to be their mother.
And for that I am grateful.
Because of them,
I know light,
I know good,
I know truth, and
I know love.
And I know HIM.  
That is why it is so fulfilling.
That is why it is so amazing.
That is why I love it so much.
Love you forever and always, Tyrell, Jarom, Lance, and Evalette!
For Mothers Day, we spent the day taking pictures with my new baby...my new fantastic camera.
ME and MY BABY!!!
I can't wait to take a photography class...


*And to my amazing, creative, super talented, beautiful little sister, your time will come.  There is a special baby that needs you as his/her mother.  I love you.  Don't lose hope.  It is coming.
My sister and brother in law are trying to start their family.  Please spread the word.
They are amazing!
James and Erica Risenmay
www.itsaboutlove.org
https://itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/27499206/ourMessage.jsf

No comments:

Post a Comment