Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Friday, June 21, 2013

TO MY KNIGHT...

When I was a little girl,
I dreamed about a strong knight.
Tall, dark, handsome...like my dad.
Someday he would ask me to marry him.
He would make me laugh,
romance me like crazy,
love me more than the world,
and kiss me
every time he walked in the front door from work
and all the time for that matter.
That sounds reasonable right?
Not to mention....
We would live somewhere exotic,
he would save me from all evil,
be richer than rich,
and not have a care in the world.
Oh and have babies by the dozens.
Oh the wonderful life I would have.
I day dreamed about my wonderful,
PERFECT life
for years.
Then I got a wake up call when I left home
and got to face reality on my own.
Life was full of unexpected surprises,
twists and turns down every corner,
good things,
bad things.
UGH...I liked my dream better!
My eyes were opened to a whole new world-
the real one!
God had a bit of a different plan for me
than my rich, exotic, daydreaming one.
One day, I did meet a tall, dark, handsome guy though.
And although it took him a couple of years to find out just how amazing I was,
we ended up together.
And although, we don't live in France,
and we aren't growing money on trees,
and we hopefully aren't going to have babies by the dozen,
we are happy,
we are in love.
He does make me laugh
and kisses me every time he sees me.
I am glad my idea of love grew into something so wonderful and real.
To wonderful hubby, my knight,
my tall, dark, and handsome:
I couldn't do this without you.
When I am away, he is dad and mom.
He cooks, cleans, reads to the kids,
does piano with Tyrell, goes to work,
and lets me vent to him on the phone at night.
And he does it because he loves us.
He is amazing.
He is my rock.
My best friend.
My life is wonderful.
Our life has had some unexpected surprises,
but we are still moving forward together.
Since it was Father's Day, a couple of days ago,
I just want you to know...
you are the best daddy and husband in the world.
The man of my dreams.
Love you FOREVER and ALWAYS, BABE!
 And to my little knights in training...
someday soon you will make a couple of lucky girls,
just as happy as your daddy makes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment