Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Feeding Tube Adventures

We have decided that we dislike feeding tubes very much.  The first 2 nights with it running while she slept, she threw up all the formula in the morning.  So James convinced the nurse to ask the doctor if we could run my pumped breastmilk, which he was fine with. So she got breastmilk through her tube.  She tolerated it great, but her line kept leaking so at 11:30 pm, we were changing a sad, tired baby and bed linens and again at 7:30 am.  A lot of my milk didn't even much in her little tummy.  So last night, we decided to try half breastmilk with hypoallergenic formula (since she had thrown up the dairy based formula the first two nights). And the adventures continued.  After her midnight vitals, she keep coughing and gagging.  She was very restless, so I rubbed her head through the crib. I could tell she didnt feel well.  Then at 1 am, she threw up.  She was screaming bloody murder...she seemed like she was in horrible pain.  The nurse didn't seem concerned and thought she just needed to calm down from throwing up.  I wasn't convinced, I knew she was in pain and I thought maybe the formula was really hurting her tummy.  So I rocked her to calm her down, but she cried and cried.  Then I noticed that her feeding tube was super long..it was practically all the way out her nose.  So the nurse tugged and it was out. It had been stuck in her nose.  No wonder she was screaming. Poor girl!  As soon as the tube was out, she laid back in my arms and fell right to sleep.  We turned the feed off and decided not to put the tube back in. This morning it was decided to give her a break since she is eating well. Bye bye feeding tube.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! I hate when people don't listen to you. Mommy can tell!

    ReplyDelete