Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Monday, June 10, 2013

My teachers....

This weekend I got to spend some time with my boys.
Daddy stayed with Princess and I went home.
It was nice.
I had a hard time saying goodbye to my baby, 
but not the dreary hospital!
Evalette needed her daddy,
and I needed my boys.
We enjoyed a bike ride, 
naps on mommy's bed, 
going to church together, and 
chasing each other around the house.
Those little boys, 
they amaze me with how well they are handling all this.
I do have to say thanks to my sisters and Shar for being their second moms.
But my boys, they never complain. 
They miss their sister and mom, but they sure do live moment to moment.
They still see joy.
They still see happiness.
They still see goodness amidst it all.
They know it is all ok.
They teach me more then I teach them.
They are so special and their understanding far surpasses their young years.
On the drive home on Saturday, 
we said good things about everyone in our family.
It was so cute.
When we got home, they took care of me.
Oh my sweet boys.
At nap time, Tyrell got me a blanket, tucked me in, and
rubbed my head.
He whispered in my ear, "Mom, I am glad that you get to sleep in your bed today!
Cause the couch at the hospital doesn't look very comfortable!"
My heart burst.  
I haven't never even mentioned anything about the rock, hard couch before.
He just noticed and cared about his mommy.
Jarom kept hugging me and giving me kisses.
And Lance, my little Lancee,
that insists that he is no baby, but a big boy 
wanted to go with mama!
They remind me that every moment is special.
That there can be calmness inside the hurricane.
That with bad comes good.
That with pain comes peace.
That with sorrow comes joy.
"How long are you home Mom?" Tyrell asked me.
"For one whole day," I replied.
"Well, lets be glad you are home, even if only for one day!"
He happily responded.
And then when I asked him if something
I gave him was ok, as it was used and not new.
My amazing son said, "You get what you get
And you don't throw a fit.
It is great, Mom!"
I am pretty sure Alise taught him that!
How did I ever get so lucky? 
My six year old is going on twenty-six.  
Thanks son for being my teacher.
Why not choose to be happy and to see the good.
It makes life so much better.
We enjoyed our one whole day together.
I love those three tough boys with all my heart.
As Sunday came to a close, Tyrell brought me a picture of Evalette.
It was one that was taken one month before she got sick.
She was glowing,
She was so happy.
She was so innocent.
She was so free.
Tyrell handed me the picture and said, 
"Mom, It is sad that Evalette has cancer because she 
doesn't always smile like this anymore.
But I know that when she gets better, she will smile like this again!"
So although they know that their sister is sick and it does make them sad sometimes....
they also know that their baby sister is getting well.
And that she will be with them soon, happy, smiling, and well.
Oh my boys,
you will never know how much you mean to me.
Love you to the moon and back!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment