Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Let us be KIND.

Dear IHC Home Delivery Man-
Tonight you called, angry and upset.
I wasn't home to get my delivery of meds.
How inconsiderate of me.
When I tried to explain that I had no idea that a delivery was coming...you wouldn't listen.
How could I have not known...you said.
"I am on my way home right now just minutes away," I said.
"I can't wait," You replied.
"Your neighbor will have it!" and you hung up.
I couldn't believe it.
You really were quite rude.
So since you didn't give me a chance to explain,
I will let you know (vent) here.
Today was the first day in a while that my daughter (you know the one that has cancer)
and I had been out of the house.
The first day, we didn't have a nurse coming, or a doctor to see, or were hiding away from people because her counts were too low.
Today was the day, we got out.
Out to the mountains to visit her brothers, her dad, and her cousins were they had been camping.
Just for a couple of hours.
I didn't realize I wouldn't have reception.
I received your call at 9 pm, as soon as we entered civilization again.
I didn't even have time to listen to any messages...
not a chance to hear the one from the pharmacist where he explained that he had decided to send us extra meds.
So I apologize that I wasn't home.
I apologize that it was so difficult to drop it by our neighbors.
I apologize for your rough day.
I just have one last thing to say.
Everyone has trials.
I am sure that you have yours- whether health, financial, family or whatever.
We all have difficult things that we are going through.
So I don't know what you have going on,
but I sincerely hope that tomorrow is better for you.
Since we can't know what is going on in each other's lives, may I say one thing...
Let us be KIND to one another.
Lots of times you don't know the whole story, as I don't with you and you didn't with me.
So lets not judge or quarrel.
Lets be kind.
Here is to a better day tomorrow.
Best regards,
the mom you just chewed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment