Family

Family

OUR JOURNEY

This is our family's journey- the story of our daughter's fight with cancer. Along the way, we will have some tears, lots of love, and even more prayers going up to heaven. We know that our Heavenly Father is aware of us. We know that he will help us fight, fill our hearts with peace, and send angels to give us aid. We send praise to HIM. Join us in this battle. This battle of courage, determination, and most of all faith in God that all is well and will be well.
This is where I will record my feelings- raw, real, and unfiltered. Welcome all.
Follow us on Facebook for quick updates- find us at OUR WARRIOR PRINCESS group page. Click the join button and we will add you!

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Piecing It Together.

As we have learned more about Evalette's diagnosis of Leukemia, we understand that we were blessed to have it diagnosed so soon.   There really aren't any signs of Leukemia per say.  It acts like a common cold or illness.  Leukemia begins in the bone marrow.  One little smarty pants white blood cell begins to do it own thing.  Soon it has overtaken the area and then because of the limited room, the "new white cells" or cancer cells are leaked out into the blood stream.  Thus the cancer spreads to the blood.  White blood cells are responsible for fighting off illness so when a person had Leukemia, their immunity is super low.  Hence the reason Evalette couldn't fight the strep, the RSV, or other colds.  When they tested her yesterday for viruses, she had RSV, strep, and rhinovirus (the common cold).  We now understand why we couldn't get the strep out of our house, she couldn't get rid of it.  She was the carrier.
The doctors have told me not to put any guilt on myself, as the cause is unknown and it can be triggered at any time.  I have tried to think back at when this might have started.  I think maybe February.  She didn't want any solid food anymore.  I just thought it was because her front teeth were pushing through.  She had a runny nose at that time too.  Don't all kids have runny noses.  I had no idea.  If only I had known.  But truthfully we did catch it early. I realize now that it was actually a blessing to have the cursed strep in our house.  It is the reason we kept taking her to the doctor. It is the reason she was finally diagnosed.  I am still in shock.  As I said on Facebook, "I keep hoping the tears will stop but everytime I see my daughter my heart breaks more, everytime I talk with my boys it breaks again, and reading everyone's words of kindness and encouragment brings a flood of tears once again. I promise we are doing well, but the tears come anyway."  
My heart is filled with peace although, I still sit here in shock. I keep thinking that I will wake up from this dream.  Someone please wake me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment